Slade

Odds and sods about the British rock band Slade

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Jam session in Herning

On Boxing Day Don participated in an open mike/jam session night in the Danish town of Herning. There was a lot of bands there from Heavy Metal freaks over country rockers to a cappella singers and Don went on stage 3 times, each time with (to some degree) different musicians. Don and the guys (and gals) played a quaint rendition of MXE and then songs like Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode", The Beatles' "I Saw Here Standing There", Dusty Springfield's "Son Of A Preacher Man" and even Dolly Parton's "Jolene".
All in all Don participated in half a dozen numbers and it was great hearing him do something else than just Slade-songs on stage. As I know from different sound check experiences there is so much more to him as a drummer than just Slade, so it was good seeing those sides of him too in front of an audience. Don got his well-deserved appreciation, some of the guys in the audience even shouted for more, when other bands went on.
I had a really good night out with Don, his lady Hanne, Mikael and all the rest of the nice folks I got to meet, but man, was I tired when I rolled into bed at 4 a.m.!

2 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Lise Lyng Falkenberg said...

Hi Dee,
Oh, Don was on drums!! He claims that he can't sing, so he was purely on drums. But as a drummer Jolene WAS one of his numbers!
By the way, I don't use my middle name Ajatsa here, just my first name Lise!! ;-)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Lise Lyng Falkenberg said...

That would be hilarous, Dee!!! Especially with Jolene. But I think Don'll be difficult to persuade!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home