Slade

Odds and sods about the British rock band Slade

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Don Powell came by

Friday Don Powell came by to do an interview. His Danish girlfriend drove him to my house and we had lunch and a long chat accompanied by thunder and rain before I did some 50 photos of him. I'll put up a few photos that were too crappy to go in the papers.
Don was great to talk to. We came all the way around drums, the original Slade, the present Slade, new singer Mal MacNulty, more drums, song writing, ladies' gloves, festivals, even more drums, Don's musical preferences, Slade's 40 years anniversary, drum machines and some more drums. He's a funny guy, I really laughed myself silly, so it was great working with him. When transcribing the interview from the Dictaphone it ended up being 16 pages long, so I have my work cut out for me the next couple of weeks.

3 Comments:

At 3:58 AM, Blogger Lise Lyng Falkenberg said...

I appreciate your interest, dee! The interview will definately be on some time in August.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lise,
thanks a lot for your great work here, for the nice pics from DON, the best drummer and also for the very good interview with Don´. keep on this great work, the fans will love it!!
Monika
WWW.POPROCKNEWS.COM

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Lise Lyng Falkenberg said...

Hi Monika,
Thanks for your nice words. I've linked to your page a couple of times. Hope, people will check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home