Slade

Odds and sods about the British rock band Slade

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Slade cut-out

Some days ago I found part of a cut-out poster of Slade. I've been searching for the rest of it, but with no luck. It was a live-sized poster from the German music magazine Bravo in 1973. The poster came in 19 pieces with 2 to 4 pieces in every magazine for 9 weeks. When you had cut out all the pieces and glued them together you had Slade life-size to put on your wall. I had this poster, but apparently also an extra piece (piece no. 10 a, showing Jim's face).
That poster hang on my wall for several years and I remember wondering if the guys were really that small. Having had the opportunity to compare to "the real thing" I later realised that the dimensions of the poster had been diminished by approximately 5%. So much for life-size posters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home