Slade

Odds and sods about the British rock band Slade

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Slade hits on the Danish Top 20 1971-1991

Lately I've tried to figure out how many Top 20 hits Slade had in Denmark and how many of those made it to No. 1. Unfortunately the radio station that used to air the weekly Top 20 hits haven't kept a record of it, so I've mainly had to rely on my memory and on the info that I've had from "old" Danish Slade-fans. Below you'll see a list of what I have come up with. The songs marked with a star are the ones that made it to No.1. The ones in italics are the ones I still need to have confirmed. If anyone out there has some info on those or on other songs that I've left out, please leave a comment or mail me. Thanks!

Get Down and Get With It
'Coz I Luv You *
Look Wot You Dun *
Take Me Bak 'Ome *
Mama Weer All Crazee Now *
Gudbuy T'Jane *
Cum On Feel The Noize *
Skweeze Me Pleeze Me *
My Friend Stan *
Merry Xmas Everybody *
Everyday *
The Bangin' Man
Far Far Away *
How Does It Feel?
Heaven Knows
Thanks For The Memory *
Let's Call It Quits *
In For A Penny *
Nobody's Fool
Burning In The Heat Of Love
When I'm Dancin' I Ain't Fightin'
We'll Bring The House Down
Lock Up Your Daughters
C'est La Vie
Run Runaway
My Oh My
All Join Hands
Radio Wall Of Sound
Universe

1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Lise Lyng Falkenberg said...

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the info. I think it a difficult task to find the Danish charts, as not even the ones airing the them know what was on them! The only thing we seem to agree on here in Denmark is that Slade had about a dozen no. 1 hits.
I was surprised to see the Swiss album charts. In Denmark they would have been Alive!, Slayed, Sladest, Old New Borrowed And Blue, Flame and then...who knows???
P.S. Sorry for the word verification hassle, but it keeps the auto-spam out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home