Slade

Odds and sods about the British rock band Slade

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The world’s worst DVD about the world’s greatest album

I had a look through the DVD ”The World’s Greatest Albums - Slade Alive!”, 2005. The DVD runs 80 minutes and man is it bad!
The band had absolutely nothing to do with it and you can tell. The DVD is supposed to be ”the ultimate critical review” of Slade Alive!, but instead the critics (Sam Blue, Chris Charlesworth, Les Davidson, Tony Dolan, Malcom Dome, Jerry Ewing and Pip Williams) spend more time discussing songs not on the album than talking about what is actually there! The lack of knowledge about the band is really ridiculous, and when somebody credited both In Like A Shot From My Gun and Look Wot You Dun to Nod, I almost had it! I’m so sick and tired of people getting even the most obvious things wrong! On the cover they even manage to spell both Get Down And Get With It and Mama Weer All Crazee Now wrong!
The footage is no better. Of course there is nothing from the actual taping of Slade Alive!, but the DVD DOES promise ”previously unreleased performances from TV archives around the world”. Ha! There was nothing there that I hadn’t seen before! The footage is based on Set of Six and added a few clips from Beat Club, Beat Box and the likes.
This DVD gets a big “thumbs down” from me. I’m glad that I borrowed it from Don instead of buying it, because it isn’t worth the money. On the other hand, if I had bought it, I would have been allowed to wreck that bl**dy DVD, and that was what I felt like doing several times while viewing it!

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is actually funny to see how many people are ready to put their reputation down (if any has left at all) to earn few dimes for exploiting something they were giggling about when it was on the way to success and were ready to snub it on every occasion when any journalists were present near them? I am not talking about this particular one, b'coz I have learned my lesson before from paying for that Singles Review...

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Lise Lyng Falkenberg said...

Amen to that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home